Importance of learning skills for business acumen
Development of school curriculum is a dynamic process responsive to the society and reflecting the needs and aspiration of its learners. Fast changing society deserves changes in educational curriculum particularly to establish relevance to emerging socio-economic environments; to ensure equity of opportunity and participation and finally promoting concern for excellence. In this context the course on entrepreneurship aims at instilling and stimulating human urge for excellence by realizing individual potential for generating and putting to use the inputs, relevant to social prosperity and thereby ensure decent means of living for every individual.
Beginners – Overview
1) Who is Entrepreneur?
2) Skillsets of an entrepreneur
3) Learning from others experience
4) Importance of ideation, innovation, risk and brain storming
5) The connection between creativity and entrepreneurship troubleshooting
Stalwarts – Overview
1) Type of Company and formation
2) Intellectual Property insight
3) Marketing Plan and acquisition Budgeting
5) Pricing and product building (R&D)
7) Digital environment – Leveraging Internet.
Why Business Acumen?
Familiarization with various uses of human resource for earning dignified means of living
Understanding the concept and process of entrepreneurship – its contribution in and role in the growth and development of individual and the nation
Acquiring entrepreneurial quality, competency and motivation
Learning the process and skills of creation and management of entrepreneurial venture
Real life examples through videos and case studies
Building a Business plan – Mock Fund raising simulation